Losing a phone can happen to anyone. Everyone has thought that their phone is lost at least once and had to deal with the mild panic that follows misplacing your device. While iPhone users have the reassurance of being able to use the Find My app in order to locate their iPhone, what can be done if the missing phone is an Android?
Well, this is the right article for you to find out how to track location of Android phone from iPhone.
How to Track Android Phone from iPhone
This article will cover four different methods of how to track an Android phone from an iPhone. Most of these are free of charge and easy to use, making them ideal for those who need a quick way to locate their phone in the case of theft or loss. Let’s get going.
AirDroid Location Tracking: What Is It?
This method of tracking an Android phone is part of a handy parental control app called AirDroid Parental Control, which tells you how to track Android phone from iPhone without any hassle. While it can also be used for a variety of control features, we will be looking at it purely for the tracking feature.
- First, you will need to download the AirDroid Parental Control app to your phone.
- Launch the app; it will bring you to the sign-up page. Create an account and log in.
- Download AirDroid Kids on the target device. Having installed it, launch AirDroid Kids and set up the required settings on the phone of interest.
- Enter the pairing code to connect the device. From now on, you will be able to see your kid’s Android phone through your iPhone.
While this tracking app for Android is more so meant for child surveillance by parents, it can obviously be used by anyone to track an Android from an iPhone in real-time and even set geo-zones and get alerted in the phone goes outside of that area.
What Is GEOfinder and How Does It Work?
Here’s another option to track an Android phone from an iPhone – GEOfinder. It is a super simple phone number tracking site that uses a phone’s number to give the searcher the exact location of Android phone. This tracker works from any device, any network, requires no software installation, and is anonymous. While this does sound minorly like a site created by a stalker, this can come incredibly handy when you lose your phone or it gets stolen. You will get a precise location, no matter where the device is. Here are the steps to how this works:
- To track Android phone, enter the phone number on the GEOfinder website and choose the text to be sent to the phone you’re trying to track.
- The device holder receives the message with a link.
- The device holder shares the phone’s location by following the link.
- You see the person’s location in the User Space.
Family Locator GPS Tracker: Look Out for the Whole Family
If you have a family (or a friend group) that is close-knit and full of people who want to look out for each other, then this method of Android phone location tracking may be a good choice. The Family Locator is a tracking app for Android that can be used on iPhones as well to keep track of your family members’ locations. It also happens to come with a chat feature so that you can all stay in touch as you go about your days. This app has been tested and approved by over 70,000 families, so it’s quite good. Here’s how the process to set this app up works.
- First, you’ll need to make sure that the Family Locator – GPS tracker is on both Android and iPhone devices. You’ll need to launch the Family Locator app on both to complete the sign-up process.
- Share your real-time location with your iPhone from the Android.
- Open the app on your iPhone and accept the shared information.
With this app, you will be able to have real-time tracking of each other’s devices and chat with each other throughout the day. You can also check the app’s map to track Android phone without them knowing if you need to be subtle about your tracking.
Google Location Sharing Between iPhone and Android
We all know that there are some serious issues in compatibility between Androids and iPhones, but that doesn’t mean that you shouldn’t be able to track each other’s phones when necessary.
With Google Maps Location Sharing, you will be able to track Android phone without too much hassle. With this method, you can even choose how long your location will be shared with whoever you’re in touch with. Here is how this (incredibly easy) process works:
- Firstly, you’ll need to download Google Maps for your iPhone from the App Store. Then go to Google Maps and share your location using the “Allow while using the app” selection.
- Click on your location dot to pull up options and choose “Share your location.” You can decide how long you want your location to be shared or just use the “Until you turn this off” feature.
- Tap the Message icon and enter your Android contact to share your location with their phone. Send the message as is offered or create your own one to give them a little more information. Just be sure to leave the tracking link intact so you can track Android phone from iPhone. Super simple and straightforward to use.
Now, let’s recap what we’ve covered. There are plenty of simple ways to track Android phone from iPhone free; you just need to look around to find the easiest way for you. Tracking apps for Androids are generally much easier to use than people think, so have no fear and start tracking easily.